November 03, 2011

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

COMMUNITY HEMP PARKA, WILFRED FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS, STEVE MADDEN BOOTS, MARC BY MARC JACOBS BAG

With Halloween now over, I've already seen lots of stores putting up Christmas decorations! Macy's has been totally decked out in holiday cheer. It's actually so strange for me to be seeing Christmas decor in Southern California... as much as I love the sun here, it just doesn't feel right to have Christmas AND warm weather - it's always been one or the other in Toronto!

These photos are actually from last year's trip to NYC - for the past two years, I've been in NYC every holiday season to visit The Boy and his family. I don't really know what it is, but there's always something magical about being in NYC for the holidays... all the city lights, the Christmas store displays, the skating rinks, people milling about... somehow, it just feels right. It doesn't hurt that NYC winters aren't as cold as Toronto ones!

I'm currently in the midst of planning my winter travel route... if all goes well, I'll be flying from Vancouver > Toronto > NYC > Vancouver. What are your plans for this holiday season?

5 comments:

  1. very hip outfit! I can tell you like Aritzia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww..winter in NY is the best..i love this look on you.

    I have a $50 HeReJ ( a retail boutique) giveaway on my blog, I'd love for you to check it out!!
    http://www.walkinwonderland.com/2011/11/herej-50-giveaway.html

    xo!
    Sheryl

    www.walkinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heading to NYC next year, but for spring. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for Christmas! Love what you're wearing too even though the pictures are from last year. The outfits still in style!

    -Christine
    http://trendenvy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag looks great! I have a similar one, it's got the same feel to it, but it's a little more rectangular. I love how you've teamed up all these items in one great look. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you coming by! Thank you :)