November 09, 2011

SAN DIEGO ASIAN FILM FESTIVAL: AWARDS GALA

600+ attendees!

Instant Noodles Crew from America's Best Dance Crew

The beautiful Kelly Hu!

Director and cast of "Surrogate Valentine", our centerpiece film.

Lee Ann Kim, mama of the San Diego Asian Film Festival!

Marketing Team love!

MADEWELL NECKLACE, BCBG DRESS, STEVE MADDEN SHOES

PHOTOS BY CHOWPHOTO


One of the biggest events during the 12th San Diego Asian Film Festival was the Awards Gala. Over 600 celebrities, guests, filmmakers, sponsors, partners, and friends came together to recognize the winning films in this year's festival. Also present was Nancy Kwan, the pioneer of Asian American women in Hollywood, who was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

My job that night was to run the red carpet - it was my first experience with working the red carpet, but it was so much fun! Being in that kind of environment reminded me that celebrities really are normal people, too, and they deserve to be treated as such.

My time with the San Diego Asian Film Foundation ended this past Friday, but I'm extremely grateful for all that I was able to learn and do with the entire SDAFF team. I encountered some really incredible people in the past six months, and I will not soon forget them!

7 comments:

  1. Amazing shoes, looks like a fantastic event

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Looks like fun xoxo

    http://styleitup-eva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh...Shelby Rabara.... she's Harry Shum Jr's girlfriend...and therefore my competition and enemy.

    sidebar: gorgeous Dee, as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww awesome events!

    Nice photos :D

    wanna follow each other? Pls visit my blog if you're free :D

    xoxo
    http://ningyoufashionhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was an Asian American Film Festival in my area too! But it was much smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great event!

    We just wrapped up the Philly Asian festival here a few weeks ago.

    If you're ever in Philly, gimme a shout!

    -Ron

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you coming by! Thank you :)